TrueNAS hangs on boot at "Updating CPU Microcode..." after updating from 11.2 to 12.0-U2.1

Dwayneson

Dabbler
Hi All,

Thank you SO MUCH for your time with this.

PROBLEM:
I have just tried to update from FreeNAS 11.2 to TrueNAS 12.0 using the web interface and now I can't access the web interface, or any of the jails. I plugged a monitor into the server to watch the boot process and found it is hanging on this "Updating CPU Microcode...". I have read a few posts and understand it is likely a bigger issue to do with my network but I have no clue how to check or resolve this, or even if it's something I need to change on my server, router, or other PC?

Can someone please help me out with a solution, or how I can provide more information to help you help me?

My setup is:
Intel i3-6100 CPU @ 3.7GHz
Supermicro X11SSM-F Bios Version 1.0a
32GB RAM 2133MHz
4 x WD Red 4TB

A photo of the issue is below.

Please be kind - To set the background on this, I am not very computer literate. I love the software and what it can do. I have managed to build my FreeNAS server and get it up and running with a few basic plugins (sonarr, radarr, emby, transmission) working for the past couple years. I have very minimal experience/knowledge on coding or even how it is all working in the background so when I have come across problems I rely heavily on asking questions and finding great guides/forum posts thanks to all the super peers out there that I am very grateful for. I have done most things through the web interface except for some times when I use putty to run code that I have put together from guides to create jails and instal/setup the plugins I have etc.

Many thanks!

20210404_192344.jpg

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Supermicro X11SSM-F Bios Version 1.0a
Start by updating the BIOS. You have the release version, which tends to be rather buggy.

The easiest way to do so is via IPMI, but you'll need an unlock code. Search the forum for more information on that.

Dwayneson

Dabbler
Start by updating the BIOS. You have the release version, which tends to be rather buggy.

The easiest way to do so is via IPMI, but you'll need an unlock code. Search the forum for more information on that.
Hey @Ericloewe,

I updated the bios through a bootable USB because I couldn't figure out the IPMI option, and it's working!

Thank you so much!