Looking for help granting storage permissions in sabnzbd iocage plugin

Stingray88

Dabbler
I've finally upgraded from 11.2 to 11.3, and thankfully now that we have access to a community supported plugin repo, I'm working on making the transition from my old sabnzbd warden plugin over to the community supported sabnzbd iocage plugin. Unfortunately I've hit a snag when setting permissions, and it's not something I've seen before.

I've been following these instructions, specifically solution 2, for years on how to grant proper permissions to my media storage for plugins, usually works without a hitch. I use the built in user 'media' with the UID 8675309 for all of my plugins and storage pool.

Unfortunately when I go to run this line -
Code:
chown -R media:media /var/db/sabnzbd

I'm met with this error -
Code:
chown: /var/db/sabnzbd: No such file or directory

I've tried to just skip this command, no dice, no permission on my storage for sabnzbd. I've tried to just run the command on /var/db instead, but that made the plugin unable to start (which doesn't surprise me, I'm sure that really messed up permissions it wasn't supposed to).

My guess is something about this plugin is setup differently than all the others? Or are there newer more up to date instructions I should be following?

Last edited:

Stingray88

Dabbler
Any advice? I feel like this has got to be pretty simple... but I just don't really know what to do at this point...

sretalla