SABNZBD & Sickbeard plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delchi

Cadet
Hello all !

I'm trying to convert from standalone versions of sabnzbd & Sickbeard, and use the sabnzbd & sickrage plugins.
After installing the plugins, I was met with my old friend permissions issues. After the expected tweeking, googling, standing on my head with a finger in one ear and other magic incantations they still do not work fully.

Currently it seems impossible to set the download directories in sabnzbd as no matter what you put in there, it throws the 'cannot create download folder'. Based on things I found googling I tried :

- Mounting a storage outside the jail, with permissions, and adding the sabnzbd UID/GID to the users - Did not work ( cannot create folder )
- Using the /media directory from inside of the jail - Did not work ( cannot create folder )
- Tried using other directories within the jail - Did not work ( cannot create folder )
- Creating folder, then pointing to it from within sabnzbd ( Same error )

I've tried a few creative solutions found while googling that ranged from changing names, altering ( the dreaded 777! ) permissions, but still nothing.

I'm open to suggestions!

Note : Previously I had both programs set up on another computer and outputting to a SMB share on Freenas, which worked well. I just watned to free up the computer I had them installed on and use plugins instead.

Last edited:

Arubial1229

Dabbler
I just recently did this and created a dataset just for downloads, with a "Complete" and "Incomplete" folder inside it. I then used 777 on the downloads folder and then mounted that folder inside the jail. I was then able to select those folders for use with Sab.

Delchi

Cadet
I just recently did this and created a dataset just for downloads, with a "Complete" and "Incomplete" folder inside it. I then used 777 on the downloads folder and then mounted that folder inside the jail. I was then able to select those folders for use with Sab.

Thanks! I ended up doing the group thing, but I had to manually change the group on my download folders ( chgrp ) to the group with permissions, and it all worked well. I would have done the 777 route but I want to keep my file system secure and shareable with people who come by my place, so I need to have some restrictions ( mostly write ) .

Status
Not open for further replies.