1st Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbray

Explorer
Since this forum was empty I thought I'd try to get it started by asking a noob question:

What is nanobsd ?

joeschmuck

Old Man

cbray

Explorer
So...
It creates a FreeBSD system image for embedded applications, suitable for use on a Compact Flash card (or other mass storage medium).

It can be used to build specialized install images, designed for easy installation and maintenance of systems commonly called “computer appliances”. Computer appliances have their hardware and software bundled in the product, which means all applications are pre-installed. The appliance is plugged into an existing network and can begin working (almost) immediately.

cbray

Explorer
I was just trying to start some curiosity and discussion.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I was just trying to start some curiosity and discussion.
I hear you. I was just giving you a hard time being an old timer like me.

cbray

Explorer
lol, and here I thought you worked for google. I mean, really, googling 'red and yellow' came to be... I got a laugh outta that one for real.

CB

joeschmuck

Old Man
Well if I were the Admin, I'd just get a good laugh and empty this thread. We did have a bit of fun in the meantime.

cbray

Explorer
Standing on the shoulders of giants. . .

Yeah google... I remember when that first came out. I had to look it up on Yahoo! to find out what it was and what the name meant.:rolleyes:
Lol, these kids still think they're tall because they're standing on our shoulders. But in reality they're not tall enough to kiss our ass huh Joe? We grew up on O/S that you actually had to rtfm for yourself. I got my first UNIX book from BSDI for a healthy price(the O/S was free then too);). Still have it too. I haven't used it in years, but it's more than half your age Boh. I'm seriously glad to find out that it led to iX and this FreeNAS.
Bohs, you should look this one up http://natribu.org/en/, they have other languages there in case you don't use English well. I'll be looking for your name on http://www.darwinawards.com soon.

B

Bohs Hansen

love the darwin award .. and it's deserved each time :)

I myself grew up with MS DOS 3.1 and upwards when my dad got his first home PC... and what a monster it was. 286', 1MB ram, 30MB HDD (omg, it had a HDD).... and cost more then a new midsize car at that time ... hehe, that was times. Still remember when they introduced deltree in 6.0 (i think, or was it already in 5?)... what a revolution .. lol. Oh sweet innocent memories :p

joeschmuck

Old Man

Vaclav

Administrator
Administrator
Code:
Just a quick test!!....

Code:
Just a quick test!!....

Just a quick test!!
Code:
another test