SOLVED Zerotier create a new Address when Truenas scale start up each time or app stop/run

Kasen

Dabbler
Hi, there,
I am new to Truenas scale and install zerotier app on it. After configuration, I can get response when ping to IP via zerotier. The problem here is that when the Truenas scale restart or zerotier app stop & run again, a new address(such as 0a1bc1e44b) shows in my zerotier list which need to be authorized. Besides, I give a fixed IP to the new device, and then no response via ping.

Did you meet the same problem? Could anyone provide any hints/solutions? I am not familiar with shell operation and new to Truenas/Linux.

Thanks for any reply.
Kasen

Version:
TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.3
zerotier1.12.1_1.0.9U

c.png

New devices added to zerotier.
A.png
b.png

dajhorn

Cadet
The vpn address of TrueNAS will change each time ZeroTier starts if the Identity.Public or Identity.Secret fields are empty.

You must use zerotier-idtool at the command line to manually create an Identity.Public and Identity.Secret pair for the TrueNAS instance.

Needing to do this seems like a bug in the ZeroTier package.

hypn0ti2ed

Cadet
The vpn address of TrueNAS will change each time ZeroTier starts if the Identity.Public or Identity.Secret fields are empty.

You must use zerotier-idtool at the command line to manually create an Identity.Public and Identity.Secret pair for the TrueNAS instance.

Needing to do this seems like a bug in the ZeroTier package.
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to ask. I've installed the Zerotier app from the TrueNAS repository. I enter the shell of the app and can run the zerotier-idtool to create two files, one for identity.secret and one for identity.public. I'm now stuck at that point. How do I retrieve the information to complete the configuration? I've tried to mount the PVC with heavy_scrirpt but the app doesn't even have a PVC. Also, the files are usually automatically removed after a while, not sure why. Why can't I understand this?

horurs

Cadet
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to ask. I've installed the Zerotier app from the TrueNAS repository. I enter the shell of the app and can run the zerotier-idtool to create two files, one for identity.secret and one for identity.public. I'm now stuck at that point. How do I retrieve the information to complete the configuration? I've tried to mount the PVC with heavy_scrirpt but the app doesn't even have a PVC. Also, the files are usually automatically removed after a while, not sure why. Why can't I understand this?
It's really bugged. use the tailscale.

hypn0ti2ed

Cadet
I have found a solution to this issue, so I will post it here for reference if anyone needs in the future. I was using the ZeroTier app from the TrueNAS repo and that was the problem, as that app does not a PVC container. I changed to the ZeroTier app from the TrueCharts repo, entered the shell to run zerotier-idtool and create the identity.public and identity.secret files. I stopped the app and mounted its PVC through heavy_script and copied the files. I retrieved the information from the copied files and completed the identity.public and identity.secret fields in the app, restarted and the id is now persistent through reboots.