OpenVPN for Scale APP only

DevilNAS

Dabbler
Hello dear TrueNAS.

On this April Fools' Day, I am trying to put an App of SCALE trough a Open VPN tunnel to have a different external IP than my network.

I configured the OpenVPN like in the picture below.
1648804107636.png

But when I try to deploy the app it gives me an error in the OpenVPN Container.

Code:
+ exec sg vpn -c 'openvpn --cd /vpn --config /vpn/vpn.conf --script-security 2 --redirect-gateway def1 --auth-user-pass /vpn/vpn.auth                 '
Options error: --up script fails with '/etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf': No such file or directory (errno=2)
Options error: Please correct this error.
Use --help for more information.

I am a noob on Kubernetes and I tried to move the missing file to that directory but the /etc is Read-Only so it cannot be created a new file there.

How can I solve this? Anyone have pass for the same problem? Is there something that I am missing to put OpenVPN working inside my Pod?

Thank you in advance!

TJett

Cadet
I'd love to help... but I've not even made it as far as you yet :l

Whenever I try to add an OpenVPN config to an app i can't launch it. I probably have an issue with my ovpn file from ExpressVPN but I haven't figured that out yet.

For your issue, can you open a shell for your app and see if you can see things in /etc or try to make a file?

I know this isn't directly related but I found something similar in a comment here https://www.reddit.com/r/ProtonVPN/comments/6w2vh0/up_script_fails_with_etcopenvpnupdateresolvconf/, maybe that can help you?

Just curious - what does your ovpn file look like? (without sharing the keys) I'm sure my issue is a total lack of understanding of what I'm trying to do, but I don't know what I don't know :) We'll get there eventually lol

truecharts

Guru
The best way to go in these cases is asking our support staff to help you through it and validate your setup.
There really are too many possibilities to go over when it comes to our VPN addon.

TJett

Cadet
I did end up getting mine to work, and didn't run into your issue.

You could try to comment out the up/down commands in you .ovpn file just to see if that gets it to deploy.

You should already have the update-resolv-conf.sh file in /etc/openvpn/, but if not you should be able to sudo it in there with the shell right? Did you try to elevate?

truecharts

Guru
I did end up getting mine to work, and didn't run into your issue.

You could try to comment out the up/down commands in you .ovpn file just to see if that gets it to deploy.

You should already have the update-resolv-conf.sh file in /etc/openvpn/, but if not you should be able to sudo it in there with the shell right? Did you try to elevate?

No. Never EVER run that script, we actually advice ALL dns related config to be removed in our video guides as well.
Also don't try to hack at it, elevate or add scripts.

Just file a support ticket if something doesn't work please.

conpat

Cadet
Hi everyone, how can i install the OpenVPN on Truenas Scale 23.10.2, i can finde any APP in truecharts