Problems connecting to Scale UI via direct IP address Bluefin & Cobia RC).

skyman

Dabbler
I'm seeing some problems when trying to connect to the TrueNAS Scale admin UI via a direct IP address. This problem began for me in Bluefin and persists in Cobia RC. I can connect to the web via a "truenas.local" address at any point in time however, I can only connect to the webui at the direct IP address (e.g. 192.128.10.5) when the system first reboots. If I wait as much as 10 minutes after reboot, then I cannot connect via direct IP.

Connecting to the UI at that point, everything behaves as expected and is exactly the same as when I log in via the ".local" address.

This behavior is consistent regardless of whether I use Safari or Microsoft Edge. It is consistent regardless of which "apps" I have running on the platform. It is consistent even if I turn all of the services (e.g. ftp, smb) off on the system.

I was seeing this as a problem in Bluefin release and on a lark decided to try the upgrade to Cobia just in case it was Bluefin depended. I still see the issue in Cobia. I will note that this was an upgrade and not a clean install. I am finishing backing up everything so that I can do a clean install if required.

The general response to the browser shows as: err_connection_refused

I am attempting to access the WebUI from an M2 MacOS System running Sonoma, as well as an iPad running the iOS 17 release version.
On the Mac I use Safari and Microsoft Edge. On the iPad, Safari only
The TrueNAS Scale system is running TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10-RC.1
The hardware is:
Intel i7-4771 @ 3.5GHz
32GB of RAM
single SSD boot disk
(5) 4TB Red drives in a single z2 pool
Static IP address is assigned via DHCP

I' sure it's probably something I did somewhere, but damn if I can figure it out. I'm not even sure which logs to look at.

Thanks for any help in advance.