X11SSH-F CPU Fan Lower Critical Status in IPMI

SeaWolfX

Explorer
I'm not using TrueNAS (at the moment), but hope it is OK for me to post this here as this seems to be the best forum for Supermicro related topics.

I am using the X11SSH-F motherboard on a recently built server and a Noctua NH-L9i CPU fan. In the IPMI GUI I can see that the fan is more or less constantly in a state with a RPM of 500 where the threshold is (it sometimes goes up to 600 RPM clearing the error, but goes straight back down to 500 again). I am not sure why this is or what to do about it. The fan mode in IPMI is set to Optimal Speed. Do I need to change the fan mode or is there some way I can change the the the threshold settings (if I even should change those). Appreciate any feedback to help me with this.

1635084656659.png

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

SeaWolfX

Explorer

@sretalla Thank you for pointing me to that resource. It seems like the ipmitool is also available for Ubuntu.

If I have understood the post correctly what I should do is to change the LCR value for my to 400 RPM (as it is rounding to nearest 100 RPM)?

sretalla