IPMI does not work on the X11SSH-f

collector

Dabbler
Hello, I use a Supermicro X11SSH-F, I flashed the IPMI from version "SMT_X11_139" to version "SMT_X11_111", but since impossible to connect the IPMI to the network and the web interface does not display! While checking the BIOS in the IPMI section, I noticed that the MAC address has disappeared and has been replaced by zeros "00:00:00:00:00", even the other IP addresses have disappeared.

P1066525.JPG

P1066521.JPG

I tried to enter the data manually (except the MAC address which doesn't change), but the network still doesn't work, impossible to access the WEB interface of the IPMI

P1066531.JPG

P1066527.JPG

I also tried to flash the IPMI with the tool "AlUpdate 2.08" and with the last version of the IPMI "SMT_X11_163.bin" but it didn't work, here are the commands I ran :

sudo ./AlUpdate -f SMT_X11_163.bin -i kcs -r y

Capture d’écran de 2022-11-18 13-49-03.png

sudo ./AlUpdate -f SMT_X11_163.bin -i kcs

Capture d’écran de 2022-11-18 15-40-57.png

I used the "IPMICFG_1.34.0" tool to reset the IPMI with the following command:

sudo ./IPMICFG-Linux.x86_64 -fd 2

All these attempts failed, I don't know how to make the IPMI work again.

(I know the MAC address of the IPMI, because it is marked on a sticker next to the IPMI)

I hope you can help me to solve this problem, because I really need the IPMI

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Was there a reason you flashed to an older IPMI firmware, or was this a finger-fumble? Worst-case you may have to replace the motherboard entirely. You'll need Supermicro support to recover from this one.

collector

Dabbler
Was there a reason you flashed to an older IPMI firmware, or was this a finger-fumble? Worst-case you may have to replace the motherboard entirely. You'll need Supermicro support to recover from this one.
I wanted to fix a problem with IPMI managed fans by installing an older version, and in the end I end up with another more serious problem.

collector

Dabbler
If anyone has an X11SSH-F, an IPMI backup could save my motherboard!

If anyone has a solution, I'm willing to test it

tprelog

Patron
I have an X11SSH-F but I'm not sure if / how I can help.

an IPMI backup could save my motherboard!

When you say IPMI backup - Do you mean Save IPMI Configuration? I don't see anywhere else to make a backup.

1668864304142.png

I also have a zip file for version SMT_X11_156 that I could share if you'd like

Last edited:

collector

Dabbler
I have an X11SSH-F but I'm not sure if / how I can help.

When you say IPMI backup - Do you mean Save IPMI Configuration? I don't see anywhere else to make a backup.

View attachment 60030

I also have a zip file for version SMT_X11_156 that I could share if you'd like

Hello, thank you very much for your answer. It is with the AlUpdate tool that you can make a complete backup of your IPMI, this tool is available in the archive that contains the firmware of the X11SSH-F and all other SuperMicro motherboards.

But it is not necessary to make a backup for me, because I managed to make the IPMI work a few hours ago, thanks to the IPMICFG tool. Here are the commands I ran to get the IPMI working again:

Set the MAC address manually (format: ##:##:##:##:##:##:##).
sudo ./IPMICFG-Linux.x86_64 -a <MAC>

Resets IPMI to factory default values. (Clean LAN).
sudo ./IPMICFG-Linux.x86_64 -fdl

Resets IPMI to factory defaults. (Clean FRU & LAN).
sudo ./IPMICFG-Linux.x86_64 -fde

These commands allowed me to access the IPMI WEB interface

Thanks again for your help