Wondering if these rails fit a CSE813M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inxsible

Guru
I found these Supermicro rails locally (craigslist) for pretty cheap. I wanted to confirm if they will fit my CSE813M chassis without me having to drill holes or such. On the product page it says it fits CSE512F and mentions it's for chassis which are 17" deep.

My chassis is 20" deep but when fully extended, the above mentioned rails extend to a total of 33.05". That's why I was wondering if they will fit CSE813M chassis and if so, I can buy these instead of putting in $55 + tax for the CSE-PT52L rails

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
I found these Supermicro rails locally (craigslist) for pretty cheap. I wanted to confirm if they will fit my CSE813M chassis without me having to drill holes or such. On the product page it says it fits CSE512F and mentions it's for chassis which are 17" deep.

My chassis is 20" deep but when fully extended, the above mentioned rails extend to a total of 33.05". That's why I was wondering if they will fit CSE813M chassis and if so, I can buy these instead of putting in $55 + tax for the CSE-PT52L rails
I noticed that the page you liked to for the MCP-290-00004-03 rail set is the official Supermicro Store. I'm almost certain that if that model fit more than one chassis
model, that they would have listed the numbers on the website. I tend not to look at picture when shopping the internet and go by description almost exclusively. My recommendation... Buy the product number that is stated to fit your chassis. BTW, did you notice the rectangular slots shown in the pics of the CSE-PT52L?
These fit over the tabs on the sides of your chassis, see example photo below.

NEW-Supermicro-E3-1220-v2-310Ghz-Quad-8GB-4x-_1.jpg

Inxsible

Guru
Thanks Dave. I was just hoping it would fit because the guy local to me is selling it for $25 for the complete set. Anyway, I'll look into getting CSE-PT52L itself.

<rant> I wish Supermicro would just make 1 set of rails for all 1U servers. Would save so much trouble in trying to make sure what fits and what doesn't.</rant>

Status
Not open for further replies.