Will Only Boot In Safe Mode

xbrun

Cadet
So after Building a new system, transferring my drive, and ensuring that its fully functional i tried to boot in to truenas core, but the system boot loops unless i boot in to safe mode, there are no issues other wise, the only problem is in safe mode only 1 core is accessible and constantly going from 1-50% percent utilization while transferring large files. any help would be appreciated. I also had the same issue when trying to boot the installer from a flash drive. The system is running in the default ZFS pool settings. I do think the issue may be due to the motherboard intigrated grafics because my windows 10 install usb did failed while trying to boot the GUI, i do have a win 11/7/vista/xp/xp64/98se disk/usb drives but i have yet to see if it loads.

System: Super Micro X7DCL-I, 16gb DDR2 ECC at 667MHZ, 2x Xeon E5410 @ 2.33 GHZ, Motherboard GPU, Thermal take Smart SM-850, Boot drive is a 128 GB Inland ssd and Storage pool is off of 4 3tb SATA HDD old HITACHI units. and a mining case.

The Previous system; ASUS P5W DH Deluxe/WIFI, 8gb DDR2 Running at 800MHZ, Core 2 Quad Q6600, NVIDIA GT 530 (board wouldn't boot headless).

Im not expereanced with servers but i do know a good amount about Consumer PC's.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Sounds like it's able to run enough to take a config backup.

Once you've done that, try reinstalling and restore the config.

xbrun

Cadet
I tried this and ran in to the same issue, i was only able to boot in to install in safe mode and boot in safe mode, i did put my win 7 install disk and it blue screend with "incompatible multiprocessor mode" i modified all processor settings including disableing one processor but had no avail in truenas, win 7, and linux mint all failed to boot/begin installation process. Widows xp 64 is currently installing on a spare hdd that i plugged in just so i can get more information on why this may be the case. If there are any suggestions other than physically removing the second processor im all ears.

sretalla