Where to order components

Status
Not open for further replies.

usp97

Dabbler
So I have my list of components to build my first NAS, but I'm not sure where to buy from. I see a lot of people linking to components on Newegg, but what about other sites? Are there other sites that people commonly buy from that they've had good experiences with? Or, are there specific sites that I should stay away from, no matter how low the price?

Thank you for your help.

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi usp97,

Here are some random thoughts I have about your question:

I like serversupply.com for NOS (new-old stock) parts like refurbed NICs & SAS controllers.

I usually buy my memory from an outfit called superbiiz.com which is a division of ewiz.com....I like them for ECC memory because they list the part numbers so it's easy to cross-reference with Supermicro's supported memory list.

If you have one locally I really like Microcenter because they have good deals on selected processors and incredible motherboard\cpu bundles (buy a board & proc and they whack another $40.00 off) .

That said, I usually buy most of my components from Newegg...mostly that's out of habit and since google shopping went and shifted to their sponsored listing model I don't really know of any where that does unbiased price comparisons.I would at least check your Newegg prices against what Amazon sells the same parts for.

-Will

Z300M

Guru
Hi usp97,

Here are some random thoughts I have about your question:

I like serversupply.com for NOS (new-old stock) parts like refurbed NICs & SAS controllers.

I usually buy my memory from an outfit called superbiiz.com which is a division of ewiz.com....I like them for ECC memory because they list the part numbers so it's easy to cross-reference with Supermicro's supported memory list.

If you have one locally I really like Microcenter because they have good deals on selected processors and incredible motherboard\cpu bundles (buy a board & proc and they whack another $40.00 off) .

That said, I usually buy most of my components from Newegg...mostly that's out of habit and since google shopping went and shifted to their sponsored listing model I don't really know of any where that does unbiased price comparisons.I would at least check your Newegg prices against what Amazon sells the same parts for.

-Will
I've bought much of my stuff from NewEgg, BUT I see recent complaints that some hard disks are arriving from NewEgg just thrown in a box with no bubble wrap around the individual drives and sometimes even with dented covers!

Status
Not open for further replies.