Server memory, where to buy?

revengineer

Contributor
Hello,
I have been using FreeNAS for a year now, installed on a used Supermicro server acquired on eBay. Overall, I am happy with my purchase. The only thing I regret buying on eBay is the RAM. My server came with 16 GB RAM and I purchased additional 64 GB (8x8GB) from CloudNinja, a highly rated seller on eBay. While shipment was prompt and communicated was good, one 8 GB strip arrived DOA and 2 more died within the last year. This is the first memory that has died on me in 35 years of PC usage. I conclude that either the RAM is not handled carefully before arriving at my home or the components are near end of life when sold used.

So as I replace the RAM, I want to buy new components, which are not much more and a better deal over time. In the past, I ordered components from Newegg, so I gave that a shot. To my surprise, Newegg ship me an empty package today and I have no clue how that can happen given that the wrapper was clear plastic. In the meantime, they no longer have this part available. I checked Amazon but the prices there are high.

TL;DR: What are good online web site where I can buy NEW memory in the US?

Advice appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Within the US such as a storefront I am not certain. It does seem that MemoryX has offices in California though I do not know more about that aspect of the business. I have used them in the distant past however I do not own any modern server or commercial grade hardware. They might be a source.
Screenshot_2020-11-21 RAM Memory Upgrade - Apple Mac, Dell, HP Server, Laptop Computer Memory ...png