Can't seem to find a Norco RPC-4224

krishbandaru

Cadet
Hi. I'm in the process of building out a 4U server and waiting on the final component....the 4U chassis. Apologies if this post is in the wrong forum.

I like the Norco RPC-4224, especially the previous posts on this forum showing people's success with it. But, it seems impossible to find online to purchase. ipcdirect.net is Norco's official online store, but it's unclear what they have in stock, and their phone number plays a message saying that it's been disconnected.

I've found a few other sites with drastically varying prices, but again, it's hard to know what's legit (ie, http://www.plinkusa.net/webML4U24-MSAS.htm). Any suggestions? eBay only has 1 listing, and it's by the same people as the link in the previous sentence (albeit more expensive!). Newegg has it for sale by a 3rd party but says it needs to ship from China.

I'd appreciate any tips.

Here's the rest of my components that are already on their way:
  • Motherboard: Supermicro X11SPL-F
  • CPU: Xeon Silver 4210
  • CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D9 DX-3647 4U
  • RAM: 2x Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 LP ECC RDIMM
  • PSU: Corsair HX1200i
  • UPS: APC Back-Ups Pro 1500
  • SAS Cables: 2x 4 x SATA to SFF-8087 (Reverse Breakout) [will start with the onboard 8 SATA Ports before adding HBA)
I haven't yet picked out the HDDs or M.2 for boot, and am planning Noctua fans for the midplane & rear.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity

krishbandaru

Cadet
Thanks for the reply. I was actually very close to pulling the trigger on the 846XA-R1K23B (the mb has 8 SATA ports) but decided instead to take a simpler approach. I knew I could replace the system fans, but I wasn't sure how loud the PSU fans were, and this needs to be fairly quiet. But, who knows. Given how limited supplies are, I may have to reconsider.

Last edited:

krishbandaru

Cadet
To close the loop on this thread, I've changed direction and going to go with a SuperChassis 846BA-R920B. They're solid and available from more places. Thanks.