Where to find the status of resilver/scrub

Snake3y3s

Explorer
Im running a older version of FreeNAS (11.0-U4 ) (yes...i know... need to upgrade)

If the NAS was shut down or turned off unexpectedly (due to power out) FreeNAS will run a check on your system. Where do I see the status of that check?
or if I try to shut down it asks if I am sure because the Nas is performing a resilver/scrub
Where can i find the status of these processes?

ChrisRJ

Wizard
I do a zpool status -v on the command line

Snake3y3s

Explorer
okay cool
I get his as a result:

Code:
root@NAS ~]# zpool status -v                                                   
  pool: NASvol1                                                                 
 state: ONLINE                                                                 
  scan: scrub in progress since Sat Jan  9 13:17:05 2021                       
        23.2G scanned out of 6.93T at 70.9K/s, (scan is slow, no estimated time)
        0 repaired, 0.33% done                                                 
config:                                                                         

NAME                                            STATE     READ WRITE CKS
UM                                                                             
        NASvol1                                         ONLINE       0     0   
          raidz2-0                                      ONLINE       0     0   
            gptid/1a1054dd-c7ee-11e7-9d5a-a0369fd4e01a  ONLINE       0     0   
            gptid/1b47af73-c7ee-11e7-9d5a-a0369fd4e01a  ONLINE       0     0   
            gptid/1c83e873-c7ee-11e7-9d5a-a0369fd4e01a  ONLINE       0     0   
            gptid/1db63dbb-c7ee-11e7-9d5a-a0369fd4e01a  ONLINE       0     0   
            gptid/1ee63fe8-c7ee-11e7-9d5a-a0369fd4e01a  ONLINE       0     0   

errors: No known data errors                                                   

pool: freenas-boot                                                           
 state: ONLINE                                                                 
  scan: scrub repaired 0 in 0h0m with 0 errors on Tue Jun  1 03:45:33 2021     
config:                                                                         

NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM                                 
        freenas-boot  ONLINE       0     0     0                               
          da0p2     ONLINE       0     0     0                                 

errors: No known data errors                           

Is there some way to stop the scan/scrub?

ChrisRJ

Wizard
I am not aware of one, simply because I never had the need. Why would you want to do this? If this is about shutting down the system, you can still do that while the scrub is running.

stw500

Dabbler
zpool scrub Poolname to start or
zpool scrub -s Poolname to stop if I remember correctly. Use the manpage....

c77dk

Patron

Snake3y3s

Explorer
@c77dk there is a issue with one of my drives (I have posted about it in this thread just scroll down a bit)
This is making my NAS unbearably slow so i wanted to check if its not the scrub that is slowing it down, or slowing it down further...
I am in the process of trying to back up my entire NAS to a cold storage 8TB drive but its painfully slow. Have been copying to it for the past 2 months getting a average of 1000 Kbytes/s

We also have load shedding here in South Africa so at one stage the NAS did not shut down fast enough so when the power came back and I turned the NAS back on, it must have started the scan/scrub in the background.

so I want to cancel it and check if that isnt what is causing my ada3 to have its disk activity locked at 100%

Snake3y3s

Explorer
Hey Guys... sorry that I am Necroing a old thread...

So I still have not sorted out my NAS... one drive is still horribly slow, But I have all the data backed up now and have a replacement drive.
Problem is that now in South Africa... we are having intense bouts of Load-shedding, so I am kind of scared to swap out the drive and do a resilver.

Question is:
Can I replace the drive and let it start the resilver BUT, am I able to power it down mid resilver? and then if I start it up again, will it resume and still be fine?

Brian M

Cadet
Hey Guys... sorry that I am Necroing a old thread...

So I still have not sorted out my NAS... one drive is still horribly slow, But I have all the data backed up now and have a replacement drive.
Problem is that now in South Africa... we are having intense bouts of Load-shedding, so I am kind of scared to swap out the drive and do a resilver.

Question is:
Can I replace the drive and let it start the resilver BUT, am I able to power it down mid resilver? and then if I start it up again, will it resume and still be fine?
It shows as a RaidZ2, you should be safe to replace a single drive, while still having protection should even 1 more drive fail.

You are able to power down during resilver, it's not recommended, but people have done it, and it should resume near where it left off.