what to use transmission, deluge, qbittorrent or other?

fizzgig656

Contributor
Ive been using transmissions for a while but with the move the 11.2 im wondering if there is anything better? so whats your views please. what do you all use? and any android apps that can link to these?

cheers

SeaFox

Explorer
Deluge has some more advanced throttling scheduling options, and you can use a Deluge client on a PC to connect to the back-end on the NAS, so it will be just like using it on the computer, only it will be remote.

I'm kinda in the same boat now, moving to a new NAS and suddenly having other options as offical plugins. I tried setting up Deluge in a plugin jail on FreeNAS 9.2 long ago, but it wasn't every stable compared to the Transmission client, and I would check on it hours later to find it had crashed/hung. I'm sure the plugin version they have now has none of those issues.

I'll likely stick with what I've been using (Transmission). The web interface gives you the impression it's missing some features, but I control Transmission sometimes with the third-party Transmission Remote app, and it let's me set per-torrent prefs that are not included on the web interface. So I can do custom per-torrent throttling, or seed ratio limits (or unlimited seed), while maintaining the normal global prefs on everythng else.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I've been using qbittorrent in a standard jail (no plugin) for a while and I'm happy with it.

nojohnny101

Wizard
I use deluge (not the plugin) as well.

fizzgig656

Contributor
Oh thanks. I want to use the plugin.. mostly for easy etc. I like both android app control and windows app that I use with transmission at the moment. It's not heavily used but need to be easy to use. Just need to be able to set up/down rates and alternative rates at a times. Make it download in one zpool and then move the completed to a different zpool.