Weird Video Issue When Installing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I've done a lot digging around for this one, but so far have not come up with anything. It doesn't help that I don't really know how to describe it!

I have tried installing from a usb stick, usb dvd drive and then an internal SATA dvd drive and it's the same thing no matter what. I've also tried re-burning the disc a few times and I am using the newest ISO (tired stable and beta) as of yesterday. When I boot, the bootloader comes up and a few seconds later the screen goes wacky (picture attached). The Computer requires a manual shut down, can't even do a Ctrl-Alt-Del to reboot. I built this computer specifically for FreeNAS, so hopefully it's not a hardware issue and I just have to tweak something. Thanks in advance!

Hardware Specs:
- MSI AM1I AM1 Motherboard
- AMD Athlon 5350 Quad-Core CPU
- 8Gb G.SKILL Sniper DDR3 1600 (F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2)
- 16gb Kingston DataTraveler (For OS)
- 1x 4tb Seagate ST4000DM000 5900 RPM, 64mb Cache (For Data)

Attachments

• IMAG0916.jpg
    IMAG0916.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 252

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Best guess is that your video card isn't well supported. Hardware compatibility problems are common with desktop AMD stuff. You chose... poorly. :(

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Probably hardware issue, though. I've never seen a graphics card that doesn't support basic VGA.

Maybe GRUB is still doing the VGA graphics mode thing, instead of text mode, causing the adapter to go crazy. Or maybe it's the monitor (weird, but possible).

Status
Not open for further replies.