Weird reboot followed by ix-zfs.service job taking forever

CheeryFlame

Contributor
EDIT: Many users appear to have this exact same issue, I created a ticket on JIRA, please go over there, create an account and add a comment where you explain this is happening to you. Thank you!

JIRA TICKET: https://ixsystems.atlassian.net/browse/NAS-123504?jql=issueKey in (NAS-123504,NAS-123505)

Hello,

The server has been stable for the past couples of weeks but today happened something very weird. All of a sudden the server rebooted by itself. It happened when the kids were watching Plex and I was updating TrueNAS integration + adding my Hue Bridge on Home Assistant.

Now every time I reboot the server I'm getting this message in the iDRAC console;

1688836930453.png

After 15 minutes it's booting to TrueNAS, unfortunately some things seems to have broke since that reboot.

Thank you!

Last edited:

mrfr34ky

Dabbler
I've got the same after reboot:( did you manage to solve it?

CheeryFlame

Contributor
I've got the same after reboot:( did you manage to solve it?
Nope. Judging by the ghost replies here I guess it's a new bug since the latest version.

mrfr34ky

Dabbler
Nope. Judging by the ghost replies here I guess it's a new bug since the latest version.
I waited 12 ish minutes then it booted and all my pool were fine. Strange issue

CheeryFlame

Contributor
I waited 12 ish minutes then it booted and all my pool were fine. Strange issue
It sometimes does an issue like that when you replicate a dataset that has replications on it or something like that.

mrfr34ky

Dabbler
Hmmm strange.. ive got heavy script backup up from apps pool to and otherpool to a dataset plus got snapshots on vms and db then replicated to the other pool

CheeryFlame

Contributor
Do you replicate your heavy script backups to another dataset? If yes, does that other dataset is replicated to somewhere else? This would be the issue.

mrfr34ky

Dabbler
"Do you replicate your heavy script backups to another dataset?" Yes

"If yes, does that other dataset is replicated to somewhere else?" No

mrfr34ky

Dabbler
When you follow the guide for heavyscript it will set up the replication which contains the snapshot part as well. Thats all I did, plus as I said i created snapshots for my DB and VMs then replicated those

CheeryFlame

Contributor
Then it shouldn't be that. Can't help unfortunately, I'm not an advanced user.

CheeryFlame

Contributor
I can clear out qBittorrent from this issue. Actually applications have nothing to do with it. Just rebooted and still getting this.

I hope some moderators will see this topic and investigate this issue that seems to happen since the latest update.

1689445889319.png

NickF

Guru
IIRC if I remember correctly (I just looked at this in another thread) all the service in question here does is import the pool at startup.
I’m not sure what might cause the delay in the pool import process for you, it would be helpful to look at your pool layout.
What does
Code:
zpool list -v

Say?

It may be helpful to know what version of TN you first created your pool

And whether or not you have upgraded your pool

mrfr34ky

Dabbler
IIRC if I remember correctly (I just looked at this in another thread) all the service in question here does is import the pool at startup.
I’m not sure what might cause the delay in the pool import process for you, it would be helpful to look at your pool layout.
What does
Code:
zpool list -v

Say?

It may be helpful to know what version of TN you first created your pool

And whether or not you have upgraded your pool
1689448543623.png

It may be helpful to know what version of TN you first created your pool: I think 22.12.2

And whether or not you have upgraded your pool: No

CheeryFlame

Contributor

NickF

Guru
What's interesting is that you are both experiencing the problem and you are both using mirrored boot pools. It may be worth testing to see if the problem exists if you remove one of the boot drives.

If it does not, you have a pretty good case for there being a bug.

impovich

Explorer
I got exactly the same issue after upgrading to 22.12.3.2.
I do not have boot-pool mirrored

Screenshot at Jul 20 21-17-29.png

NickF

Guru

CheeryFlame

Contributor
This is so annoying, gosh! Anyone made a ticket? I'm not too sure how to report this properly and haven't got lot of time right now trying to fix my server issues while it's summer vacation and there's a lot of people coming by.
1690830475377.png

mrfr34ky

Dabbler
This is so annoying, gosh! Anyone made a ticket? I'm not too sure how to report this properly and haven't got lot of time right now trying to fix my server issues while it's summer vacation and there's a lot of people coming by. View attachment 68859
When I updated to the latest patch the server came back rather quickly for me. Did you already update to 22.12.3.3?