Web GUI Stopped Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKravin

Cadet
Greetings,

We've been running FreeNas 8.2 for a while now and everything has been running great. I tried to get on the web GUI for the first time in a while last week and can't connect. I get the "Google Chrome's connection attempt to [server] was rejected" error. I can SSH into the server, and I can still access the samba share and ping the server just fine, using both the hostname and also the IP address. I've rebooted a few times, so I don't think its a crashed daemon. Here are a few other things I've tried:

-I've tried using the IP address as the URL
-I've tried stopping and restarting Nginx
-I've checked our firewall, and nothing seems to be blocking it.

The only thing that changed after we setup the server was our default gateway, but that shouldn't stop internal services, correct?

So I'm hoping to be pointed in the right direction to troubleshoot this issue.

MrKravin

Cadet
Sorry to revive an old thread, other projects came up. I'm hoping to start working on this problem again. I might be confused on what the WebGUI is built on: Apache, Nginx, other? It just seems strange that the GUI just simply stopped working over night. Any tips on how to troubleshoot the issue would be greatly appreciated.

MrKravin

Cadet
Okay, so after smashing my head against this for a while, I was able to track it down to a sudden SSL key mismatch. I fixed that, and now I get this error:

Forbidden (403)
CSRF verification failed. Request aborted.

After some research, it seems the easiest way to fix it is to upgrade the GUI. Is there a way to upgrade the GUI from command line? All of the upgrade documentation I can find involve loading the file from the GUI itself, but mine is totally unavailable.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, as it is looking more and more like we will have to rebuild our OS:

Is there a way to backup our user list?
Is there anything we need to backup to save our ZFS?

Status
Not open for further replies.