Waiting for update?

Do you jump straight into updates when they release for stable?

• Yes

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No, I hold off and check other people for issues first.

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pwnerman

Explorer
I was just curious since this is the first time I will have an update pending on my server that has been running fantastic by the way if anyone had any tips or tricks when it comes to updating. Do you normally hold off for awhile looking around to see if there is some deadly bug? If so where would you go for that information? Also I was curious if you just jump straight into updating as soon as they show up.

Also this in regards to the stable branch.

Thank you

snaptec

Guru
I have Test servers for That.
Waiting a Bit what the community responses, if the response is good I test on mytest machines then upgrading production.

But i'm doing this for My business

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

pwnerman

Explorer
I have Test servers for That.
Waiting a Bit what the community responses, if the response is good I test on mytest machines then upgrading production.

But i'm doing this for My business

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

yea i don't have the ability to do all that

There has been the occasional FreeNAS update that has created problems for some people (one recent example). I'd recommend waiting a few days after an update is released before updating your server, unless the new version is claimed to solve an important problem that you have now.

D

dlavigne

Note that it is easy to recover from a bad update by rebooting into the previous boot environment.

m0nkey_

MVP
I typically wait a few days to let the bugs work their way to the surface. After a release, I tend to watch the forums, bugs and IRC channel for any signs of trouble.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Reverting to the previous release is super easy now. Bugs happen but usually not the end of the world. I wait but that is because I'm busy and like the"if it's not broke, don't fix it" philosophy.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.