After 9.3 -> 9.10 update....I think I need to rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneC1972

Dabbler
A few months ago I updated from 9.3 t0 9.10. Since the update my plugins have been completely unstable. Unfortunately I didn't read the change notes before the update and I didn't know to delete my plugins and jails before updating. I have since gone thru and deleted and recreated my plugins and my jails, but I just cant seems to get them stable. It also seems as if the templates are incorrect. They are still the 9.2 and I can't delete it. I was thinking I would just rebuild my FreeNAS system using a configuration backup and an 9.10 iso. I don't want to lose all of the data I have on the drives. I currently have storage of RAIDZ2 comprised of 6 3TB drives. I am a FreeNAS noob. Can someone point me in the direction of details instructions for the best way to accomplish the rebuild and not lose any of my data?

Sakuru

Guru
Did you delete your jail dataset, or just your jails? You have to delete the jail dataset to get the new template.

WayneC1972

Dabbler
I deleted the jail and the dataset. Then I rebooted the server and it automatically recreated the dataset.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Did you delete your jail dataset, or just your jails? You have to delete the jail dataset to get the new template.
That's not true any more. I successfully ran 9.3 jails and 10.3 jails simultaneously after I updated. Once you update and create a new jail it will download the 10.3 template and create the new jail with it. I've since migrated all my jails to 10.3 with the exception of the virtualbox jail that still continues to run when I choose to use it.

WayneC1972

Dabbler
For me it did not download the 10.3 template. The only template that it show was the virtual box. Any plugin I install is instable or won't start, when it does actually start sometimes is not reachable and throws errors.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.