Update to 9.10 Deleted Plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

STREBLO

Patron
I Just updated to 9.10-STABLE-201605240427 from 9.10-STABLE-201605021851 and all of my plugins were deleted. Looking in my jail dataset I only have the custom made jails and none of the prebuilt plugins left in my jail dataset so I can't roll back. All I did was update from the previous stable and rebooting into the previous boot environment does not show my old plugins. Everything was perfect before the update. Are my plugins lost for good?

I filed a bug report here. Can anyone advise me on the best course of action?

STREBLO

Patron
What I don't really understand is why would an update be reaching into my pool and touching my datasets? Shouldn't an update only affect my boot drive? What really sucks is since the datasets were completely destroyed I can't even roll back. I guess I should be grateful only plugin jail datasets were deleted, at least my data is safe...

D

dlavigne

It doesn't as the storage and ZFS props are separate from the OS and updates. It may have been a configuration ovrewrite though (eg the jail configuration path)...

STREBLO

Patron
It doesn't as the storage and ZFS props are separate from the OS and updates. It may have been a configuration ovrewrite though (eg the jail configuration path)...
Well it fucking sucks.

Should I do a complete FreeNAS reinstall? Is it screwed up?

D

dlavigne

That won't help figure out what happened. I see a dev just asked for a debug on the ticket. You can generate that using System -> Advanced -> Save Debug and attach the file it makes to the ticket.

STREBLO

Patron
That won't help figure out what happened. I see a dev just asked for a debug on the ticket. You can generate that using System -> Advanced -> Save Debug and attach the file it makes to the ticket.
Will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.