VM in a VirtualBox Jail looses conectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

khartahk

Cadet
I have a VirtualBox Jail with Windows Server 2012 running in VirtualBox.

This same machine used to run on an i5 with 8GB of ram (non ECC) in a VirtualBox on Ubuntu without any problems. Now that I've moved it to the FreeNAS server I have some networking issues. After a while the connection to the VM is lost and I have to reconnect to the RDP. The VM keeps on running but there is something wrong with the networking. This was not happening on the desktop machine which is on the same network.

Details of the machine and environment are in the signature.

khartahk

Cadet
I've changed the network cards configuration from lag to just one network card and the problems stopped, I had roundrobin lag setup. Any one else experienced something like this with lag setup?

The only strange thing in the logs is this:

Feb 17 03:01:24 vbox sm-mta[37872]: t1HB1Osb037872: SYSERR(root): hash map "Alias0": missing map file /etc/mail/aliases.db: No such file or directory​

But this is not related.

D

dlavigne

I can't find the reference in the forums or bug tracker, but I'm pretty sure the current implementation of FN jails does not support lagg.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
It is also very possible that our network hardware either doesn't support LAGG, supports it improperly, or wasn't properly setup to support LAGG.

Status
Not open for further replies.