Virtualized Plex app cannot scan media files

lesserthere

Dabbler
I have Scale on proxmox. Everything working fine so far.
Created a few apps and trying to get the plex app access to see my media files on my raidz2 pool.
Been going through so many options of smb shares and datasets I´m losing my mind.

How on earth do I get my plex app to scan and view my music files on the pool that apparently has all the smb and user/group permissions?

Has anyone managed this? been googling and attempting so many configs but nothing...

HomeNas is my main pool.
Plex is another attempt and dropping a music file into it, but nothing again

1692235455785.png

Thanks

Black_Duck

Explorer
Did you add the dataset to the Plex app setup?
Within the setup, there is a section called "Plex Extra Host Path Volumes". Just click on "add" for each volume you want to add (i.e. Audio, Movies, TV Shows).
Example: In this case my movies are in sub-folder called "Video" in the Dataset called "Media"
Mount Path in Pod: /mnt/Video​
Host Path: /mnt/pool/Media/Video​
Once you have mounted these volumes in to the pod, you can define the library in Plex through the web interface.
There are some YouTube videos on how to do this if this is not clear.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I have Scale on proxmox. Everything working fine so far.
Great... but did you follow this advice?

If you followed one of those tutorials which say to pass-through the disks individually using the by-id or whatever, you've been fooled into a false sense of having done it "right".

lesserthere

Dabbler

If you followed one of those tutorials which say to pass-through the disks individually using the by-id or whatever, you've been fooled into a false sense of having done it "right".
Don't worry decided to go bare metal and go with unraid. Deciding factor was the ability to add disks of different sizes. In my neck of the woods affordable HDD's are hard to come by so I use what is around.

Black_Duck

Explorer

This appears to be a post for FreeNAS/TrueNAS Core. TrueNAS SCALE is a completely different architecture to Core.

sretalla