Plex app issues (running but no server access in plex web app)

AlexLinnMT

Cadet
Full disclosure I am very new to this. This is a bit of a story but I hope it makes sense.
I built up a server from my old gaming pc. Installed truenas scale (a few times now) trying to fix issues and frankly I cant believe how difficult this is.
After much effort I got plex to function with some issues. Every time I would rip a new dvd to the plex folder on the nas I would have to restart the plex app to get the plex web interface to sync the new dvd. I have messed with setting and fought and fought to figure it out.
Finally I gave up and said ok I will just restart the app when I need to refresh the content.
Then after a week of that process the app just stopped deploying and I would get weird kubernetes errors.
Frustrated I decided to move the server into my kitchen and restart.
I tore it down and rebuilt just to make sure there wasn't some sort of hardware issues.
I reinstalled the current version of truenas scale (23.10.0.1) which has slightly different app portal (the disable host path safety checks disappeared)
Set back up my smb to the storage drives and got everything talking on the windows end.
Set up my static Ip
Installed the plex app and it started to work again.
After a day of working flawlessly again, any new dvds I ripped to the server would not be recognized unless I restarted the app.
I left it do run for 2 day without ripping anything new to the server and it seemed stable and worked well.
Now, turned it off, unplugged the power and ethernet (x55 deco), moved it to my storage room, plugged it into the power and a different (x55 deco) and powered it on. Plex app stuck
Readiness probe failed: dial tcp 192.xxx.xx.xx:32400: connect: connection refused
Stayed that way for 30mins
now Plex app says running and Plex web interface says Plex server unavailable.
I am so lost... Any help is welcome.
My system is a 10700f, asus tuff board, 1660super, 16gb of ram, 250gb nvme boot disc, and 5 4tb drives in zdev with a 6th in for hot swap.
The wifi system is a mesh network of x55 decos, however the main and the deco this unit is conneted to have a cat6e ethernet cable between them.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-04 195821.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-04 195821.png
    616.9 KB · Views: 272
  • Screenshot 2023-11-04 195850.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-04 195850.png
    531.8 KB · Views: 273