Vaultwarden - Encrypted Datasets?

papajohn56

Cadet
Looking to run an instance of Vaultwarden, and have a done some research but not seen any answers or thoughts on this. On the scripted Vaultwarden install, it gives options to allow it to make its own datasets, or use mine. Does it make sense for the primary Vaultwarden dataset to be fully encrypted? Or am I asking for trouble, and VW handles its own encryption of keys?

Thank you

danb35

Hall of Famer
This would be better addressed on the discussion thread for that resource, but it's currently in an inactive forum (I expect it will be moved shortly). But in the meantime, Bitwarden proper encrypts all data written to disk, so using an encrypted dataset would be superfluous. I'm pretty sure Valutwarden does the same, but I'll defer to @victort.

victort

Guru
This would be better addressed on the discussion thread for that resource, but it's currently in an inactive forum (I expect it will be moved shortly). But in the meantime, Bitwarden proper encrypts all data written to disk, so using an encrypted dataset would be superfluous. I'm pretty sure Valutwarden does the same, but I'll defer to @victort.
I stopped using vauktwarden, due to life just handing things that require my more of my time.

You could ask on the vaultwarden forums, or over on GitHub.