urbackup Permissions Issues

David Henrickson

Explorer
Hello,

After the most recent update to TrueNAS 13.0u6.1 urbackup has had permissions issues and I now cannot remove permissions via the ACL Manager either.

Every time I change the permissions to what they SHOULD BE (back to normal the way I had it) I get this, as well. NO.....TrueNAS is not updating the Dataset ACL either. I can wait for minutes or hours and it goes back to the default Permissions Editor with the everyone@ and owner@......this clearly means it didn't "set" after save like it said it would.
1705887694354.png

I have even just created a NEW Dataset and I get the same issues. I think something is U6.1 Broke the ability to change and/or add/delete permissions. I know I am using the urbackup that works version 2.5.25 before the creators broke the ability for it to be updated via the GUI and work. This has been running flawlessly for years and this just broke when I updated to U6.1. Any ideas? I can access the WEB GUI of urbackup just fine. However, once I am in, it says it lost communication to the POOL and doesn't have the write access to it. This is a load of bologna, as I have verified all settings up and down. I can even see my laptops and desktops have access to the "webserver" of urbackup, because it states it connects. It just will not do the backups now because of the permissions.

David Henrickson

Explorer
No one has any ideas on this one?

David Henrickson

Explorer
anyone have an idea why on January 11, 2024 urbackup just ceased to work? I can "manage" it and log in to see that it can see the laptops and desktops ON, just says that it doesn't have permissions. I haven't touched a thing in years and this now just has a permissions issue?

David Henrickson

Explorer
Yeah....no. Been waiting on a reply from someone...anyone.

Jolly

Cadet
How did you set up urbackup?

I'm guessing you're using docker as well as you may have tried changing the group or user ID it's running under lately? I've been knee deep in urbackup myself.

The entry point script does change permissions: