UPS uninterruptible power supply

adam23450

Contributor
I bought an uninterruptible power supply - link below. Can he contact FreeNAS? The software he uses for windows is UPSilion 2000
Uninterruptible power supply UPS Green Cell 2000VA 1200W Power Proof

Evertb1

Guru
Well, I have a hard time reading Polish but from that site I figured out (I think) that it has an USB interface. FreeNAS can handle that but you need to find out what protocol that UPS is using for communication. If it is compatible with NUT you should be able to find a suitable setting in FreeNAS even if it is not on the list of supported devices. Still, it can take some work to find out. In this thread on the forum you might find some usefull links.

adam23450

Contributor
Well, I have a hard time reading Polish but from that site I figured out (I think) that it has an USB interface. FreeNAS can handle that but you need to find out what protocol that UPS is using for communication. If it is compatible with NUT you should be able to find a suitable setting in FreeNAS even if it is not on the list of supported devices. Still, it can take some work to find out. In this thread on the forum you might find some usefull links.
I learned from the manufacturer that the UPS uses the MegaTec protocol and does not support NUC.

Evertb1

Guru
MegaTec protocol
The little I found with a quick Google search is that the MegaTec protocol does not play nice with NUT. So I am afraid that if you are hanging on to this UPS you have some work to do to make it happen. If it's possible at all.

I found this source on the web that is not encouraging but that is from 2010. So who knows? Maybe some other forum member pops up that has more expertise on this subject.

If you start searching on the web, expand your search for support on FreeBSD. After all that is where FreeNAS is build on. Many times if something is supported by FreeBSD it will be possible to make it work with FreeNAS.

adam23450

Contributor
The little I found with a quick Google search is that the MegaTec protocol does not play nice with NUT. So I am afraid that if you are hanging on to this UPS you have some work to do to make it happen. If it's possible at all.

I found this source on the web that is not encouraging but that is from 2010. So who knows? Maybe some other forum member pops up that has more expertise on this subject.

If you start searching on the web, expand your search for support on FreeBSD. After all that is where FreeNAS is build on. Many times if something is supported by FreeBSD it will be possible to make it work with FreeNAS.
Cool. Thank you for your help :)