UPS Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

joogy696

Dabbler
I am having a difficult time finding a proper UPS.

I have an 850 Watt power supply (Silverstone Strider Gold Series certified 80 Plus Gold) with 6 WD Red 4TB drives a supermicro MBD-A1SRi-2758F-O motherboard

Each drive when active draws 4.5 Watts according to WD so thast 27 Watts from the hard drives.
I'm unable to determine the motherboard's power usage but i know the CPU is 20 Watts

I believe the power supply has an Active PFC but i also think it will require a pure sine wave from a UPS

Im looking for a UPS that can support that load, has a pure sine wave and has NUT support so i can configure the UPS service within Freenas

Any help would be appreciated and if clarification is needed i will do my best to answer any questions.

joogy696

Dabbler
So far i've found this , CyberPower CP1000PFCLCD PFC Sinewave UPS 1000VA 600W PFC Compatible Mini-Tower

it has a pure sine wave. It has NUT support. The only issue is its 600 watts. Thats less than the power supply but from what i understand, i should be more concerned with the amount of power thats actually drawn. Since my Freenas isnt drawing anything near 600 watts (let alone 850) i should be ok.

Can anyone confirm?

tres_kun

Dabbler
My system has a eaton ellipse eco 650
It is a 400W max output
It ran my destop for 28minutes at about 70-90W power draw
The server has a 33W hdd spindown, 70W idle and 80W one user
The numbers are what i get
You can make yourself a picture based on the numbers
I3 4150 16gb eec ram 10hdd

ethereal

Guru
you are correct - base the ups on power used not size of power supply.
try thinking again about the pure sine wave - i think you may not need one - they are very expensive.

i have 10 hdds and use CyberPower CP685AVRG (390w UPS) - it's cheap - work's with nut and works with my active pfc power supply

Dice

Wizard
- work's with nut
..is this the magic word describing the feature required by freenas to control a proper shutdown of the machine upon loss of power?

Status
Not open for further replies.