UPS randomly disconnecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDubiousDubber

Contributor
I'm having issues with my APC BackUPS Pro 700. You can find a log of errors here.

My UPS is connected and working, but I will randomly get emails (multiples if not paying attention) that my UPS is disconnected. I then have to shutdown the UPS service in FreeNAS and restart the service, which appears to fix the issue, until it happens again in a number of days. I also get notices of it randomly disconnecting and reconnecting.

Could this be an issue with the driver? Or is it the UPS? The fact that it is intermittent has me wondering.

If its any help I'm using the 'APC ups 2 Back-UPS Pro USB USB (usbhid-ups)' driver.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Errors are almost universal, for some mysterious reason.

They tend to vary, though. My Back-UPS Pro very rarely got as far as outright losing comms and generating an email, but console messages were a dime a dozen. I think it's been working perfectly on the new Skylake system, though. :confused:

TheDubiousDubber

Contributor
I do get occasional errors on my other BackUPS connected to my Replication server. Though I've never lost comms like this is doing. I'm at a loss as to what to do. I suppose I could try replacing the cable, though I highly doubt that is the issue. However, replacing the cable is a lot cheaper than replacing the UPS. Not sure what other options there are.

Status
Not open for further replies.