UPS issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas

Dabbler
Hi, in past years i've been trough the marriage breaking issue of losing all my wedding pictures stored in my nas due to a power outage.
So, keeping that in mind, i decided to protect my new and own DIY server getting a ups.
So far, i've bought this APC Back-Ups Pro 900 that seems to be working ok, but actually i can't make it with my freenas.

i've plugged the ups usb cable in and out, to see the response in the console telling the right port to to set the ups service and i get this:
Jan 14 17:35:35 p1 kernel: ugen1.2: <American Power Conversion> at usbus1 (disconnected)
Jan 14 17:35:43 p1 kernel: ugen1.2: <American Power Conversion> at usbus1
Jan 14 17:35:43 p1: Unknown USB device: vendor 0x051d product 0x0002 bus uhub1

so the port was clearly the ugen 1.2
and when i tried to configure it out with the values
UPS mode: master
driver: usbhid-ups
port: /dev/ugen1.2
shutdown mode: ups goes on battery
shutdown timer:30
i also checked "remote monitor" (don't really know what is it for)

so i got this message plus, the server doesn't shutdowns when ups goes on batteries.

Jan 14 18:04:53 p1 notifier: nut not running? (check /var/db/nut/upsd.pid).
Jan 14 18:04:53 p1 notifier: nut_upsmon not running? (check /var/db/nut/upsmon.pid).
Jan 14 18:04:54 p1 notifier: nut_upslog not running? (check /var/db/nut/upslog.pid).
Jan 14 18:04:54 p1 notifier: Will not 'restart' nut because nut_enable is NO.
Jan 14 18:04:54 p1 notifier: Will not 'restart' nut_upsmon because nut_upsmon_enable is NO.
Jan 14 18:04:54 p1 notifier: Will not 'restart' nut_upslog because nut_upslog_enable is NO.

anyone can help me?? :)

thanks in advance.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Did you turn the service on? Just modifying the settings doesn't turn it on you have to toggle the button.

Also note that if you are using USB the port setting does nothing and you can leave it blank.

Nicholas

Dabbler
D*MN!!! YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!!!!!! didn't noticed that.
works like a charm now!
Sorry to bother...

thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
ROFLMFAO! That's epic right there. :)

pschatz100

Guru
Hi, in past years i've been trough the marriage breaking issue of losing all my wedding pictures stored in my nas due to a power outage.
So, keeping that in mind, i decided to protect my new and own DIY server getting a ups.
So far, i've bought this APC Back-Ups Pro 900 that seems to be working ok, but actually i can't make it with my freenas.
If you really did lose all your wedding pictures due to a power outage on a NAS, then you should develop a viable backup strategy. RAIDZ is not a replacement for a proper backup strategy.

Nicholas

Dabbler
yes i'm using the btsync plugin to make backups of the pictures to a pc and a laptop, besides that, i'm looking forward to get a cloud service backup like the amazon's s3. Can you suggest me any?

Status
Not open for further replies.