UPS on 11.3: What happened to genericups?

mieczu

Cadet
My good old UPS used genericups upstype=19 driver.
I've recently changed hw config and had to go to UPS service configuration UI to update the port, but I can not save my new port settings because I get this error:
[translated]
Select correct value. genericups upstype=19$Other Ares models is not a valid choice.

How can I bypass the UI and set this manually in some config files?
Is the genericups driver gone now? I can not find it on the long list of available UPS types
(by the way is truncated on my screen and I can't read what drivers some UPSs are using).

rclarkin

Cadet
I have a similar issue, recently updated from FreeNAS 11.1-U3 to TrueNas Core 12.0-U8 and am unable to get my UPS (APC Back-UPS Pro 1100) to connect. It previously functioned under 11.1 using the genericups upstype=2, as documented on the NUT site. I've tried many different drivers from the drop-down without success and done a lot of searching for answers.

Editing the ups.conf file doesn't "take" (it saves fine in the console but it gets overwritten by TrueNas, probably when I try to start the UPS service). I'm at my wits end and looking for any pointers to how to get this setup again on TrueNas.

Hello, i have this issue too.
looking into /conf/base/etc/local/nut/driver.list i can find :
"Various" "ups" "1" "(various)" "Generic RUPS model" "genericups upstype=4"
but this entry doesn't exist in Truenas 13.0 GUI.
also directly modifying ups.conf is worthless.