Uploading config file not working on my system [Solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmacka88

Patron
Ok so i upgraded from 8.0.3 to 8.0.4 and tried to upload my config i save before upgrading and nothing happens. I downgraded back to 8.0.3 and it still will not take my config file. I tried upgrading through GUI from 8.0.3 to 8.0.4 and this did not work either so i did a full install (deleting my usb disk and reinstalling). Not sure if this has something to do with it or not?

Is there any way i can get it to accept my config file as there is too much to change and i can't remember all this stuff i did. I also have older config files which do not work either.

tmacka88

Patron
can anyone help with this?

StephenFry

Contributor
Same problem here, tested on 8.0.4-p1, 8.2.0beta2 and 8.2.0.beta3.

Once you click Upload, the button quickly shows 'rebooting' (which doesn't happen) and that's it.

edit: whoops: one manual reboot wasn't enough, two did it. No clue why.

tmacka88

Patron
I figured it out after ages of fault finding. Try using a different web browser. I was using safari which seemed to not like it. Went to google chrome and worked fine.

StephenFry

Contributor
Thanks for replying.
Interesting; Chrome fails for me (in 8.2.0.Beta3 only!) to display the 'Advanced Mode' info on the CIFS tab. So I knew about FreeNAS' browser problems and had tried different browsers for the config file uploading process, but none worked for me out of FF, IE and Chrome in my attempt to upload the config in 8.2.0.Beta2. (I've given up on Beta3, it hates me). But if a few manual reboots solve this, it's no biggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.