0.72.5422 -> 8.0.4 upgrade question on settings/config file transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

marklyn

Dabbler
My HD runing 0.72.5422 died so I'm thinking about going ahead and installing 8.0.4 on a new drive.
I have the config file saved from 0.72... so is there any way to import/use this config file so I don't have to set up everything from scratch?
Is there a procedure or steps listed anywhere on how to do this?
One last question, is 8.0.4 better enough for me to upgrade or should I just rebuild with the 0.72 version?

Thanks

ProtoSD

MVP
You need to give us more info on your current hardware and if you're using UFS or ZFS.

There is no way to import or upgrade settings (yet).

marklyn

Dabbler
I'm using a Dell P4 with 1.25G RAM. I have 2 SATA 1Tb drives in the box as data drives (single drives, CIFS shares for both). File system is UFS. The operating system drive was/is a 40Gb PATA drive, which I'm replacing with a 80 Gb PATA and would like to install 8.0.4 on that.
So am I able to look at my config file and determine from it what my settings, etc., were?
Thanks

ProtoSD

MVP
FreeNAS 8 is intended to be installed and run from a USB flash drive, it is much different than .7x.

Considering your hardware, you might be better to look at the nas4free project which is a continuation of FreeNAS 7. With your current hardware I think you will probably experience too many problems. FreeNAS 8 is better suited to newer hardware.

http://www.nas4free.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.