FreeNAS 11.3 Config File Size

Redcoat

MVP
Looking at the nas GUI, it doesn't look like anything but a nas OS config file can be backed up from the "save config" button in general settings
That's precisely why I am asking my question of you! The restoration method for the plex file that you have would depend on how you "made it" in the first place...
If you are starting from scratch I highly recommend that you use @danb35 's script found in the Resources section at https://www.truenas.com/community/resources/scripted-plex-installation.129/ . You'll still have to migrate your data over, and the PMS web site's method for Backup and Restore would work well on your fresh install.

May I suggest that you ask the Moderators to move from post #11 through this post #21 to the Apps and Plugins forum with a Subject line that you provide?

T#!$t11235

Cadet
Thank you, I appreciate you help. I have over 500 movies and some computer files stored on my hdd drives and I really don't want to have to reload everything if I can help it. Great forum, you've been very helpful! Best.

T#!$t11235

Cadet
Update to post: Thanks for all the great input! I finally gave up and did a complete rebuild, saving config files along the way. I got the PLEX config file after the new build and now the appliance is running well, not perfect but I'm working on that. I am using a supermicro X10SLM -F MB with Xeon E3-1230 v.3 CPU, 32Gb ECC RAM and 8x4 Gb HDD with 2x120Gb SSD as mirrored boot drives. This is a new (to me) MB using an LSI 9210-8i controller card, (firmware v. 20.00.02.00 BIOS v.07.39.00.00) from another MB I scavenged. The BIOS and firmware for the X10SLM is up to date, (BIOS v.3.3, firmware revision 03.88, build time is 2/21/2020). I am wondering if I need to update the firmware for the controller card to work with the new MB? I don't want to brick this thing after all the work getting it this far! I am taking this to the Applications and Plugins sub-forum as suggested, thank you for your help!