Attempt to upgrade to FN 8.0.3 did not go smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisheater

Explorer
Update: Attempt to upgrade to FN 8.0.3 did not go smoothly.

I tried my usual routine of downloading the ISO and upgrading my flash drive. When I rebooted my FN8 NAS it was stuck booting up, leaving me at a manual mount point. I tried to redownload and reburn the ISO, tried to burn it on other CDs, yet nothing worked.

From the forums, I did learn to back up my config before attempted upgrades. I downgraded to 8.0.2 and reinstalled my config file -> it works.

100% for a robust system.

FE

fisheater

Explorer
Update, tried to upgrade via GUI, no luck. The when I reinstalled FN 8.0.2 via my desktop, I was unable to reinsert my USB drive in the back so I turned the computer. The USB socket was BLUE! 8.0.2 worked there, 8.0.3 did not. I move the dongle, did GUI update and it works very well.

And an added bonus is that my physical memory was formely stuck at 6 of 8 GB used, now drops to less than 512KB when not under load.

Great stuff. Hope someone else reads this and tries a non-blue USB socket.

FE

LAYGO

Explorer
A blue USB port is typically indicative of a USB3.0 port. It is backwards compatible with USB2.0 though too. The only only issue is would be using a USB3.0 device in a 2.0 slot, it should still function, but not at 3.0 speeds.

LAYGO

Explorer

SoftDux-Rudi

Contributor
FreeNAS doesn't have a USB requirement. It should work on all versions.

"It should" isn't quite the same as "it does" ;)

Can someone from iXSystems perhaps comments on the problem which was outlined here?

Status
Not open for further replies.