SOLVED A upgrade nightmare 9.2 to 9.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_v2

Dabbler
Ok as usual i red all those stories after i tried this upgrade.
Let's begin the story:
I installed the iso on a usb. Like my instalation of 9.2.
And I had my first failed with the gpart geom Operation not permitted.
After a day of trying, i found that they changed the instalation and now you need two usb.
Ok, let's continue.
So the upgrade continue. And it seems to work.... but no the upgrade.
A reboot to be sure and I access the gui.
Ok. Now the manual upload of the configuration.
A reboot. And stuck just after the database. Bad.
Reboot.
And now i have no acces at the Gui with a 403 with a CSRF error.

I'm just tired now.

What's my next step to revive this failure?

joeschmuck

Old Man
Well 2 things to start with...
1) Post your hardware listing, do you have the console monitor connected, if not, connect it up.
2) If you are trying to use a 4GB USB Flash drive as the boot device, try 8GB instead, it might work. If it does, report it.

Now for some questions:
1) So you were able to install 9.3 on a flash drive and boot it fine, true? If so, do that again and once you have that, reboot a few times and ensure you upgrade to the latest Stable release. Once that is done you should be almost home free.
2) What version of 9.2 were you upgrading from? If it was 9.2.1.6 or later (the earlier versions "should" work too but...) then you should be able to try and restore your configuration file. Depending on the speed of your system, the speed of the flash drive, etc... it could take a long long time. I hate saying this but wait, your computer should reboot at least twice during this process.
3) After the reboots (assuming those happen) what is the IP address of your FreeNAS system? It should be whatever it was in 9.2. Make sure you are not using the DHCP of that, well unless you are using DHCP (I wouldn't).

bob_v2

Dabbler
Thanks for your time.

I'm upgrading from 9.2.1.6 with a 16gb usb key.
Since my post i retried and I manage to have (almost) my old configuration, I have access to the beast by the shell and my nas is working (sort of) because I can access my files on my share foder.
So I have a working nas with no access to the GUI, no accces by ssh (my root password is not working) . But I found some people with the same problem of Gui access with a CSRF error so I'm going to continue my journey.

Thanks again.

bob_v2

Dabbler
I have now a working Nas.
The last step was a problem with the GUI powered by django. The solution provided HERE
And don't forget to apply this solution again when you apply the upadates... yes they broke it... again.

Status
Not open for further replies.