upgrading from Core network issues.

Grinas

Contributor
So i am trying to upgrade to Scale from core but when i try to follow the migration instructions here but i get an error saving not enough space on disk. My Core boot drive is on a 8GB datastore and i can see from the Scale docs it recommends a 16GB so i installed scale on a new data store and i downloaded the config from Core and installed it on Scale.

now the issue i am having is that after it reboots after the config is restored i have no UI. When i query the NICs i can see i have 3 with 2 unknown and 1 physical. the two unknown have the correct IP of the Core install. If i go to set the phyiscal NIC with the Core IP or any other static IP the UI is unreachable. Both machines are on the same lan 192.168.0.0/24. I have tired deleting the other NICs listed as i assume they are no longer of use since they are for the jail/Bhyve network on Core. It doesnt seem to ask for subnet info so that could be the issue.

For some reason i can only get the Physical NIC up if i use DHCP. I have tired to set the IP from the UI also but get the same issue.

Anyone have any suggestions on what i am doing wrong.

RJNHoxp.png

ej9jcOn.png

KFL3pCu.png

FjmwsPY.png