upgrading 9.10.2.u3 to 11 - PlexMedia Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ismael Duarte

Contributor
Seems that all work on new Freenas11 except plugins.
Plexmediaserver don't start

When using the new interface, if I choose plugins, it goes to login page again.

Is this still not ready?

D

dlavigne

Was this an upgrade or a fresh install?

If an upgrade, do you remember which FreeNAS version you were using when you originally installed Plex?

By login page, do you mean it kicks you out entirely and you have to login to FreeNAS again?

Anything in /var/log/messages when you try to install Plex?

Ismael Duarte

Contributor
Hi, thank you for your answer/support.
I'm upgrading from 9.10.u3 to 11, Plex is already installed and working in current version. So I'm not installing plex.

When I click in plugins, after choose new UI, I see the login screen, everytime.

D

dlavigne

Just to confirm, the error only occurs in the new UI and not in the old UI? If so, that makes sense as the new UI is not yet feature complete (that's another 2-3 months away).

If the issue also occurs in the old UI, can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Ismael Duarte

Contributor
No, is the new and old UI. Had to revert to 9.10.U3 to make plex work.
But, this part "When I click in plugins, after choose new UI, I see the login screen, everytime." is only in new UI

D

dlavigne

OK. Seeing that the new UI is under active development, please wait about 2 months before reporting this bug. If it still occurs after 2 months, create a bug report and post the issue number here.

Ismael Duarte

Contributor
Ok, but as I said, plex does not work with old UI either. At least when upgrading

Enviado do meu GT-I9505 através de Tapatalk

I have some similar issues. I have just updated to FreeNAS 11.

When using the new UI, I have the same behaviour (redirected to login) for plugins page.

Most plugins I use are ok (syncthing, owncloud...) but Plex does not work. It seems that the network does not work (when I enter the jail, the interface is not configured). But others jails are ok, so I am not sure what is happening there. I messed around a little bit, but no luck.

raidflex

Guru
I have some similar issues. I have just updated to FreeNAS 11.

When using the new UI, I have the same behaviour (redirected to login) for plugins page.

Most plugins I use are ok (syncthing, owncloud...) but Plex does not work. It seems that the network does not work (when I enter the jail, the interface is not configured). But others jails are ok, so I am not sure what is happening there. I messed around a little bit, but no luck.

Does it work on a clean install of Plex? Maybe try installing it in a new jail to test.

Ismael Duarte

Contributor
Well,
I had plexmediaserver_1, the one not working before upgrade. Created a new plex plugin, got the name plexmediaserver_2.

Copied entire database from 1 to 2, and ... is working :D

Does it work on a clean install of Plex? Maybe try installing it in a new jail to test.

In my scenario, the problems were solved by installing a new jail. So problem solved. Still, a tad strange, but I am happy to be able to use Plex again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.