Upgrade to Truenas cannot connect to smb via share name

ali_v001

Dabbler
Hi after upgrading to Truenas from the latest version of freenas I can no longer access my smb shares via the share name, share name is "STORAGE"
This is true for windows, linux "autofs" and osx clients.

I have tried enabling the NetBios_NS I have also tried a few acl tricks / changes with no outcome,

Connecting via IP address works fine, and this is my workaround for now, but for obvious reasons not ideal,

Not sure if it is related but when trying to install a plugins "asigra" for example, or checking for truenas upgrades via gui I get this error.

"Error: HTTPConnectionPool(host='download.freebsd.org', port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /ftp/releases/amd64 (Caused by NewConnectionError('< urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x825f01b80 >: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 8] Name does not resolve')) "

Everything was working fine before the latest freenas, I have also updated my pools via the truenas gui.

Thanks, any help muchly appreaciated

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Check your network settings. It sounds like you're missing DNS settings and possibly a default gateway in Network->Global Configuration.

marcevan

Patron
I just did the upgrade to 12.0-U2 and 2 of my SMB shares are not reachable, don't show to my clients, and on TrueNAS I cannot edit the ACL: it just does nothing on those shares.

The ones I can see and get to have their Share ACL clickable and it works.

The ones I cannot see nor get to have their Share ACL clickable and it does nothing.

So now on those that aren't working, I have to strip ACL then edit it to not use ACL and finally they show.

ali_v001

Dabbler
I fixed it in the end with advice from above, beforehand I also recursively set the ACL again. So not sure my end if this had any effect on my machine or not.
I had to set my DNS records and default gateway.
Not sure why the upgrade dropped these settings, seems a pretty straightforward thing for an upgrade to not mess up. Not something I would automatically check/guess would be broken as it seems so basic