Nextcloud plugin issue

SCC

Cadet
Hi Guys

I'm new to all this so I've just been following youtube videos. I tried to install nextcloud on a truenas core system but got the following error message

Error: HTTPConnectionPool(host='download.freebsd.org', port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /ftp/releases/amd64 (Caused by NewConnectionError('< urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x8244d8790 >: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 8] Name does not resolve'))

I have no idea what it means or what to do next and was hoping someone could help please...

danb35

Hall of Famer
The problem is that your NAS can't resolve Internet names, so you'll need to configure its network settings correctly. But more broadly than that, you shouldn't be planning to use plugins at all. See:

SCC

Cadet
The problem is that your NAS can't resolve Internet names, so you'll need to configure its network settings correctly. But more broadly than that, you shouldn't be planning to use plugins at all. See:
Thanks for the reply dan. Wow. At least it's not just me I guess...

I was hoping to be able to access files stored on my office nas after hours at home, is it possible to do this with truenas core?

danb35

Hall of Famer
is it possible to do this with truenas core?
Sure, just not using a plugin. Some brilliant and totally humble member of the community has written a script for the installation:

NugentS

MVP
which did work - when I used it