Upgrade to 12.0U7 / Getting out from under GELI

DurrltoneGuy

Cadet
So I had been dragging my feet for sometime in migrating from 11U5 to 12, but after stumbling across https://www.truenas.com/community/t...om-a-zfs-volume-while-keeping-the-data.16467/ this gave me a path forward...

I upgraded, went thru all of the offlining/geli detaching/resilvering & now Im at the point where I would export/import the pool & I get:
FreeNAS Export.jpg

"WARNING: Exporting/disconnecting pool Production. Data on the pool will not be available after export"

Am I doing this wrong, or...?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Go to System->System Dataset, and move it to your boot pool. Once you've finished exporting and reimporting your pool Production, you can move the system dataset back.

DurrltoneGuy

Cadet
That seems to have dropped the top paragraph, but it still has that verbiage about data on the pool will not be available after export

Is there something else I need to do beforehand?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
No, it's just warning you about the check boxes. In your case, you'll want to stop the SMB service, and stop your VMs and jails. Just check the "Confirm Export/Disconnect" to proceed. Make sure all the members of your pool no longer have an .eli extension.