Upgrade 11.2-U2 problems Upgrade not possiable

micha01

Cadet
Hi my FreeNassystem was on Release 11.1-U4 and i upgrade into 11.2-U1 back in December 2018. Today, my system shows only the option upgraded into 11.1-U7. Every time when i upgraded iended up in the legacy UI after reboot and many of WebUI had problems to display the buttons.

I found reading the web:
cd /usr/local/bin/
freenas-verifier
freenas-update

i used the verifier and output was no errors.
i used the "freenas-update check" command, which showed me that 11.2-U2 was available.
I did a "freenas-update install" and now my base system is base 11.1-U7. The NASsystem has the modern looking GUI which works fine.

Is it possiable to upgrade the base back to 11.2-U2? The Web-GUI selection menu (System -> Update) doesn't show any Options.
How can start the Upgrade process to 11.2-U2? maybe using the CLI

Please detail your FreeNAS hardware configuration.

When you first upgraded to 11.2-U1, did you update the feature flags on the volume?

micha01

Cadet
i don't know. I used alway the web-gui. I have maybe updgrade the zfs pool...

Do you have a backup of the data on your volume and config? Assuming you do, you might like to try building new 11.2 boot media and then reimporting the config back into that. Be aware though, there are several posts around that discuss the loss of data when switching to 11.2. So make sure you have a backup of your data before you consider attempting this.

micha01

Cadet
Well i don't have "backup" of my "backup server". Are no way to verify the reason for error....

well befor upgrade system shows that it is on Release 11.2-U1 how can i check the config , which is displayed on the Webgui Value from System - > Update -> Train: [VALUE] in the cli. I think the preset value has maybe an error... in config file

Last edited:

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Well i don't have "backup" of my "backup server". Are no way to verify the resson for error....

well befor upgrade system shows that it is on Release 11.2-U1 how can i check the config , which is displayed on the Webgui Value from System - > Update -> Train: [VALUE] in the cli. I think the preset value has maybe an error... in config file
Please submit a bug report and a developer can determine if there is a mistake in this code that needs to be fixed.

micha01

Cadet
Please submit a bug report and a developer can determine if there is a mistake in this code that needs to be fixed.

Hi i am new here on the side. How would i submit a bug report? Where would i create a report and what are the required files? Cold you provide me web-link?

Alecmascot

Guru
Hi i am new here on the side. How would i submit a bug report? Where would i create a report and what are the required files? Cold you provide me web-link?
Go To "System>Support" on your FreeNAS Server.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

micha01

Cadet

i just notic that calling server using url looks different:
https://serverip/ lagacy - does not see the 11.2-U2 Release
https://serverip/ui latest look - find the release 11.2-U2 but update imfornations are loaded until user gets look out

So i am sure that it is bug?

I will have a look at the script, now. i looked at the scripts in /usr/local/bin/freenas-update. The internet url http://update-master.ixsystems.com/FreeNAS/train/LATEST is not working? Is their a different side for the script!!

I tried the command 'freenas-update -T train check'. It gives me wired error message... Do i use the command with wrong options?

Well i found now three different Gui on FreeNAS . I think i found now the right one.

Last edited: