11.2-U2 nfs pool upgrade

adcurtin

Dabbler
11.2-U2 has seemingly broken just about everything I use freenas for. I already upgraded my nfs pools unfortunately. Does this mean I can't go back to 11.2-U1? Or could the pool upgrade I did today have been from say 11.2 to 11.2-U1 ?

ThreeDee

Guru
what do you use freenas for? .. lots of fixes posted for various issues with latest update ..

adcurtin

Dabbler
it broke plugins vnet, I fixed that already. it broke smb shares (I couldn't delete files, or create new ones), I fixed that already too. now I've found plex can't delete media files, and while I try to modify or create a new mount point for the jail, I get a traceback. I started a separate thread for that issue.

I deleted a storage volume, and removed it from the system, but it's still set as a mount point for a jail. I get a traceback when I try to remove that mountpoint, and I can't start the jail with it configured. luckily I can live without this jail for now.

I also don't know what issues I haven't found yet, and while I'm down to try to fix the plex thing, I'd much rather just downgrade than deal with more of these sorts of problems. it sure seems like a lot of rather significant problems for one upgrade.

ThreeDee

Guru
yes, a lot of people have had a lot of issues .. I guess I'm a lucky one. I did a fresh install of 11.2-U1 onto an new 128GB SSD using a SATA to USB cable .. uploaded my config .. then did the upgrade to U2 and just changed to vnet to auto and Plex, Tautuli, Unifi Controller, ClamAV, Zoneminder are all working great (or at least like they were before .. as I still cant seem to configure Zoneminder correctly) and all my SMB shares seem fine. I don't recall any pool upgrade .. only to the stock 11.2 so you should be good to revert back to U1

rungekutta

Contributor
I’ve got the itch to upgrade but looks like I’ll stay on 11.1 for a while... risk/reward looks poor with all these issues...

adcurtin

Dabbler
upgraded to 11.2 U2.1 today. that now reports my 11.0 jail as corrupt, and refuses to launch it. rolled back to 11.2 U2, jail works fine. man, this sucks.

ThreeDee

Guru
upgraded to 11.2 U2.1 today. that now reports my 11.0 jail as corrupt, and refuses to launch it. rolled back to 11.2 U2, jail works fine. man, this sucks.
what particular jail(s) was corrupted?

adcurtin

Dabbler
it was a jail I had created from scratch for unifi (ubiquiti networks access point controller). I created it in 11.0-RELEASE, and that's the version listed in the UI (at least, before the upgrade to U2.1). booting back into U2, the jail starts up and works without issue.

all my other jails / plugins are 11.2-RELEASE, and weren't reported as corrupt in U2.1

diskdiddler

Wizard
I just logged a job, anyone fixed the corrupt jails thing? I don't know what happened - when I first upgraded it seemed fine.,