Updating from U4 to U4.1 broke a few things

Spud

Contributor
I'm not sure if I'm the only one that 4.1 broke things on or not but after updating I've noticed the Dashboard is pretty much useless.

No drive temps, no CPU usage, CPU temp is sitting at -273.15C and CPU load is zero.

There wouldn't be any problems in winding back to U4 I take it?

Last edited:

xvk4

Dabbler
Also had problems. Upgraded from 11.2-U3 to 11.2.U4.1 and the dashboard became unresponsive. Couldfollow the menu tree on the left, but when I cam to select an item then nothing happened, so for instance could not get to the jails page or virtual machine page. Thankfully I could still get to the boot environment page and was able to revert back to 11.2-U3.

Spud

Contributor
Also had problems. Upgraded from 11.2-U3 to 11.2.U4.1 and the dashboard became unresponsive. Couldfollow the menu tree on the left, but when I cam to select an item then nothing happened, so for instance could not get to the jails page or virtual machine page. Thankfully I could still get to the boot environment page and was able to revert back to 11.2-U3.

Yeah I'm just gunna go back for the time being, but looking like its not very wide spread though maybe others aren't having any dramas

Last edited:

Spud

Contributor
Just an update, after going back to U4 everyones happy again

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
U4.1 actually has a great dashboard for me. Cpu temps work, drive temps work and it actually updates. I have a supermicro Intel system with a lsi hba 9211. Great release so far it seems.

Spud

Contributor
U4.1 actually has a great dashboard for me. Cpu temps work, drive temps work and it actually updates. I have a supermicro Intel system with a lsi hba 9211. Great release so far it seems.

Yeah no joy for me, I'm using a Supermicro X10SL7-F and the good old M1015

Like I said before though, I've just gone back to U4 and its all working again.

I have no idea where to even start looking as to why its not working in U4.1

proto

Patron
Yeah no joy for me, I'm using a Supermicro X10SL7-F

Same mobo and same "No drive temps, no CPU usage, CPU temp is sitting at -273.15C and CPU load is zero." issue.

Is collectd daemon running on U4? I started manually on U4.1 and statistics are running now.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Same mobo and same "No drive temps, no CPU usage, CPU temp is sitting at -273.15C and CPU load is zero." issue.

Is collectd daemon running on U4? I started manually on U4.1 and statistics are running now.
I have the x10SRL, let's compare firmware.

Firmware: 3.65
Bios: 2.0a
Redfish: 1.0.1

proto

Patron

I have the x10SRL, let's compare firmware.

Firmware: 3.65
Bios: 2.0a
Redfish: 1.0.1

recently upgraded:
Firmware Revision : 03.72
BIOS Version: 3.2
Redfish Version : 1.0.1

Does it make any difference?

Ah! Now I remember why I did that fw update: when booting in ESXi 6.7 I couldn't get a working video output, so I couldn't manage that server physically. I wanted to use a virtual FreeNAS and a bunch of other VMs. But I had to reinstall FreeNAS and I'm happy with some jails and bhyve VMs.

Last edited:

Spud

Contributor
Correct. Which is why it's weird it works in U4 but not U4.1 for the OP and clearing the browser cache did not fix it.

Its definitely something in U4.1 I know that for sure because U4 works perfectly.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Its definitely something in U4.1 I know that for sure because U4 works perfectly.
You try A different browser or private mode?

proto

Patron
safari too... but it's a bad browser to look at FreeNAS stats. :tongue:

I'm on U4.1. Now I get -273.15 C only at shutdown time:

Screenshot 2019-05-16 13.03.34.png

collectd is collecting...

Spud

Contributor
Correct. Which is why it's weird it works in U4 but not U4.1 for the OP and clearing the browser cache did not fix it.

Just one more thing that some might find interesting, the USB I was booting off decided to die so I have now replaced the boot device with an SSD reinstalled freenas (11.2-U4.1) and loaded the config, same problem CPU is sitting at -273.15 and no drive temps and so on.

I'm thinking I might download 11.2-U4 and just stick with that at least it works.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Just one more thing that some might find interesting, the USB I was booting off decided to die so I have now replaced the boot device with an SSD reinstalled freenas (11.2-U4.1) and loaded the config, same problem CPU is sitting at -273.15 and no drive temps and so on.

I'm thinking I might download 11.2-U4 and just stick with that at least it works.
you should do that and report back if it works. It would be really interesting because there are only a couple changes between U4 and U4.1

Spud

Contributor
you should do that and report back if it works. It would be really interesting because there are only a couple changes between U4 and U4.1

Done and as I expected everything is now working, so for an update that didn't change much theres something not right somewhere

So is this just me and my setup here?