TC 2 unable to reinstate contact with a server

Here's a weird one. First, the nightly version of TC2 I'm running...

tc59.jpg

I have a server that TC has lost contact with overnight...

tc60.jpg

I thought this might have been the widely reported python crash issue so I restarted the server middleware. but there's been no change. There's no change either when reconnecting to the server within TC. I can access the web UI of the server and log in so I know the NAS is not offline. I don't believe this is a TC issue.

It could be that the issue is resolved in a later version of TN (this server is on 12.0-U3.1). I've chosen not to update to U4 as this server does not suffer the python crash issue (see Python 3.9 crashes - A TrueCommand perspective), and while it might fix other issues, from my perspective, all that I would lose is CPU widget functionality (see CPU stats not working in 12.0 U4) on the TN dashboard.

I'm pretty sure a reboot of the server will fix the issue, but I'll do that overnight.
@aervin if there's anything you'd like me to try, to identify the issue before I reboot the server (in 12 hrs), let me know.

EDIT: At first I thought this might not be a TC 2 issue, but I've just logged into an instance of TC 1.2.3, which I still have running and it has not lost contact with this server.

Last edited:
The nightly version of TC 2 got updated and comms with the server was reestablished. Hopefully, that was a one-off issue.

tc61.jpg