Updated Transmission Remote GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwnerman

Explorer
Hello everyone,

Like most of you, I would assume if you are using your server for torrents then you most likely have Transmission installed. I have been going around on this forum and I have noticed that many guides and such link to an application called "Transmission Remote GUI" which essentially allows you to control your torrents through an application on your PC.

The issue is that all of the guides and such link to a years old version of the program on Sourceforge. The issue is that thousands of people are downloading this program every week and it's completely outdated. I think the change log said that version was from sometime in 2014. Even when you go to the check update in the settings it just throws back a 404 error.

After doing some digging I found out that the program switched over to a new maintainer and switched over to GitHub. It is regularly maintained and everything. I even went through the install process and it updated and kept all my settings and everything which I was not expecting but it was a nice surprise.

I don't see this information anywhere here on the forum and I think many of us which up until recently included myself as well are using an outdated version of the program.

It would be nice if this information didn't disappear into the depths of the forum but I'll post the link to the Github at the bottom of this post.

Link

millst

Contributor
Looks like this guy forked the original. His version loads faster for me. Thanks.

-tm

Status
Not open for further replies.