Transmission watch folder issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emegra

Dabbler
Hi everyone

I've been trying for the last week or so to get transmission working I installed the jail (Jail1) and installed the transmission pbi, however I cant get transmission to auto download torrents directly from tha watch directory, I've configured it as follows

Watch: /usr/pbi/transmission-i386/etc/transmission/home/torrents

Config: /usr/pbi/transmission-i386/etc/transmission/home

Download: /usr/pbi/transmission-i386/etc/transmission/home/Downloads

I created a mount point which is configured as follows

Source: /mnt/nas3/Torrents (outside the jail)

Destination: /usr/pbi/transmission-i386/etc/transmission/home/torrents

if I download a torrent to the source directory it will copy it to the watch folder but transmission wont kick in, however If I open the transmission web gui and browse directly to a torrent it will download the torrent and place it in the download folder so transmission does work and knows where to place the download but it doesn't know where to pick up the torrent.

Can anyone give me a clue where I've went wrong and how I can fix this, any help would be much apprecisted

Many thanks

Graeme

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I could be mistaken, I setup transmission then never used it after I proved I could make it work.... But destination and watch are not supposed to be the same place.

Emegra

Dabbler
Hi noobsauce

Thanks for your reply, are you saying that the watch folder and destination folder can't reside within the same directory ?

if so can you suggest what directories i use, I would prefer to have the destination as a local machine location if that was possible

Many thanks

Graeme

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Here's what I used:

Watch = /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/watch
Home = /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home
Download = /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/download

I have 2 mountpoints, one for watch and one for download.

Status
Not open for further replies.