SOLVED Update from 11.3 broke SMB in Windows

TheDubiousDubber

Contributor
I've seen a lot of other posts surrounding SMB not working, seems to be a lot of potential permissions issues, but not entirely applicable to my problem. For some time now, I have had a media share that I could browse from both my Mac laptop as well as my Win10 tower. My username on my mac is my first name, same as on my windows machine, same as the user I created in FreeNAS when I initially setup the share. I was on 11.3 U4 and everything was working well. Very recently I updated to U5 and shortly after went to 12.0. NOt sure of exactly when, but after upgrading, my Win10 share no longer works. Network pane in Windows shows my server (FREENAS) but if I attempt to connect, it just times out. I've tried connecting using IP in explorer and it does nothing. On my Mac, however, everything works perfectly as it always has. I can see my share. I can connect to it and browse all my files as if nothing has changed. Why does one work and not the other? I'm at a loss for what went wrong or how to fix this.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I've seen a lot of other posts surrounding SMB not working, seems to be a lot of potential permissions issues, but not entirely applicable to my problem. For some time now, I have had a media share that I could browse from both my Mac laptop as well as my Win10 tower. My username on my mac is my first name, same as on my windows machine, same as the user I created in FreeNAS when I initially setup the share. I was on 11.3 U4 and everything was working well. Very recently I updated to U5 and shortly after went to 12.0. NOt sure of exactly when, but after upgrading, my Win10 share no longer works. Network pane in Windows shows my server (FREENAS) but if I attempt to connect, it just times out. I've tried connecting using IP in explorer and it does nothing. On my Mac, however, everything works perfectly as it always has. I can see my share. I can connect to it and browse all my files as if nothing has changed. Why does one work and not the other? I'm at a loss for what went wrong or how to fix this.
Can you PM me a debug please? (System->Advanced->Save Debug).

TheDubiousDubber

Contributor
PM Sent

TheDubiousDubber

Contributor
Fixed!

Not sure of the reason, but under Sharing > SMB > Edit
the value "%U" was under path suffix. At the suggestion of anodos, I deleted this and my issue appears to be resolved.