Any recommended methods for configuring Time Machine shares via SMB with new 11.3 release?

KevDog

Patron
I want to try to remain from being critical, however Time Machine shares in 11.3 using SMB seem to be just as unreliable in this release as prior releases. I'm still experiencing two common problems that occurs about one a week or every other week
1. The Mac Time Machine client states volume is corrupt and needs to rebuild the image
2. Or for just some random reason, the client states in can not connect to the archive. This is even more frustrating since using the Mac Finder, I can connect everytime to the SMB share with the sparse bundle image.

For comparison, on a different system I'm running Arch Linux in a VM with the a SMB share for time machine configured the exact same way, and not once in 3-4 months have I ever had these problems. (Which gets me thinking I should just replicate the VM within FreeNAS and do my time machine shares through the VM to the same datasets as the native TImeMachine shares. Honestly however -- must it be this complicated to get a reliable setup??).

In trying to remain constructive, I'm posting my Share properties since I'm sure they can likely be improved:
Time Machine = yes
Browsable to Network Clients = yes
Show Hidden Files = yes
VFS Objects = catia, fruit, streams_xattr, zfs_space, zfsacl
Auxilliary Parameters:
create mask = 0644
force create mode = 0644
directory mask = 2755
force directory mode = 2755
fruit:time machine = yes

I've never actually assigned any SMB properties using a windows machine since this is meant to be used with Mac Clients. I do however have a Win10 computer I could use if there is something with the sharing properties I can modify.

Thanks for any help. I know people have been working on this problem actively.